El 2019-04-05 20:57, Sevilay Bayatlı escribió:
On Fri, 5 Apr 2019, 22:41 Francis Tyers, <fty...@prompsit.com> wrote:

El 2019-04-05 19:07, Sevilay Bayatlı escribió:
Hi Aboelhamd,

There is some points in your proposal:

First, I do not think "splitting sentence" is a good idea, each
language has different syntax, how could you know when you should
split the sentence.

Apertium works on the concept of a stream of words, so in the
runtime
we can't really rely on robust sentence segmentation.

We can often use it, e.g. for training, but if sentence boundary
detection
were to be included, it would need to be trained, as Sevilay hints
at.

Also, I'm not sure how much we would gain from that.

Second, "substitute yasmet with other method", I think the result
will
not be more better if you substituted it with statistical method.

Substituting yasmet with a more up to date machine-learning method
might be a worthwhile thing to do. What suggestions do you have?

I think first we have to trying the exact method with more than 3
language pairs and then decide  to substitute it or not, because
what is the point of new method if dont achieve gain, then we can
compare  the results of two methods and choose the best one. What do
you think?

Yes, testing it with more language pairs is also a priority.

Fran