I've now converted apertium-cat, -por, -por-cat, and -es-pt to use the
shared scripts. Many more repos can benefit from this. I also removed
INSTALL from por's history, so that needs to be recloned.

Also simplified their configure.ac to the minimum required, and made use of
CG-3's pkg-config. Once apertium-lex-tools, -separable, -anaphora,
-recursive have pkg-configs, various configure.ac can be even further
simplified.

https://github.com/apertium/apertium/tree/master/scripts now also
has translate-to-default-equivalent which is used in many pairs. It used to
produce ISO-8859-1 outputs, but I fixed that to UTF-8.

Changesets for inspection:
https://github.com/apertium/apertium-por/commit/1bd676e6e1c51089bf435d6f31465184d2243558
https://github.com/apertium/apertium-cat/commit/0511ed02709c5011f02308e7b432cd9f40a63b2f
https://github.com/apertium/apertium-por-cat/commit/2cfdd200cff9f94e05b57155f14879ad56a42780
https://github.com/apertium/apertium-es-pt/commit/da1f310ec0aabf0fe6d08cf6fe2da6de7d176616

I think only -por-cat uses both metalrx and metalrx-to-lrx, so if you want
to merge their functionality it should be harmless enough.

-- Tino Didriksen