No there’s no new election happening, least of all over a design choice in my
project. We’re an open source community with experienced people and it’s
surprising to me that we’re having such a hard time agreeing upon this.

Francis is one of our most experienced members and the PMC president and as
such does have an important say in design decisions and major directions that
Apertium takes. There have been multiple proposals and Francis has made clear
his objections. If at this point he doesn’t like it then we should stop
proposing a design again and again. Keep in mind I would also say the same for
any other experienced member who really objected to a design choice.

Francis sees the need for wordbound blanks for markup handling and that was a
major part of the original proposal so as of now we will go ahead with that,
and before implementing anything, I will analyse what wikimedia needs in terms
of markup handling and how we’re planning to sort that out.

We will archive the secondary tags discussion for now and once this is done I
will make a list of people’s needs for reading bound information and we will
analyse how best to address those needs.

I think that due to the open nature of this solution we jumped the gun on the
analysis part and instead of focusing on a problem to solve we started building
up our solution based on problems we could face in the future.

Point is, all this conflict isn’t really worth it. I’ve always been of the
opinion that even if one person in the PMC objects to something it shouldn’t
happen, and I’m sure a group of experts and I can find something we all agree
on as a design decision.

Peace ✌🏼

Tanmai Khanna

Sent from my iPhone