Tanmai Khanna <khanna.tan...@gmail.com>
čálii:

> I always thought that's the default behaviour. That if some blanks aren't
> explicitly printed in the transfer rules then they're flushed. I'll check
> it out, but it should be that.

The old behaviour has been to just throw away anything that's eaten by
a rule but not explicitly printed. So if you had a rule matching two
patterns, for example the words "ph'nglui mglw'nafh", and your input was
<b pos="1"/>, then transfer would eat the first blink giving "ph'nglui
mglw'nafh</blink>" and you would not be eaten first.