Xavi, I am impressed that you could in Softcatalà get enough bilingual
texts to create an English-Catalan neural translator. Congratulations on
the results! I am curious to know how big the corpus you collected has
been, as well as from which sources to ensure the quality of the
translations. I'd maybe add that probably it would not be possible to
collect such a corpus for Valencian Catalan, so I guess we face in this
neural translator a typical problem with lesser-user languages/varieties.
If it is ever considered necessary to generate Valencian, this will have to
be done by translating it into "reference" Catalan and then automatically
adapting it. In fact the same happens for the many flavours we currently
have in Apertium for Catalan, both Valencian and "Catalonian".
By the way, is Softcatalà trying to create a neural translator for the
Spanish-Catalan pair?
Hèctor

Missatge de Xavi Ivars <xavi.iv...@gmail.com> del dia dg., 18 d’oct. 2020 a
les 0:04: