On 1/30/11 7:07 PM, Alex Karasulu wrote:
On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 7:29 PM, Stefan Seelmann<seelm...@apache.org>wrote:

On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 5:11 PM, Alex Karasulu<akaras...@apache.org>
wrote:
On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 3:17 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny<elecha...@gmail.com
wrote:

On 1/29/11 10:38 PM, Stefan Seelmann wrote:

  [X] - (c)
            interface                                 = AddRequest
            simple API exposed implementation         =
AddRequest*Impl*
            not so simple internal use implementation =
AddRequest*Decoder*
We're applying option 'C' right now. I'm torn but think A might suite
us
better for the long term, and for any situation. You also know what's
an
interface and what's not although the IDE automatically shows you this
stuff
on the package/class browser.

This is my opinion for a low-level API, which 1:1 maps LDAP
terminology to the Java API. I think we should additional have a
simplified API where the user don't need to deal with request and
response objects at all.

BTW: We have this discussion again and again ;-) We really need to
decide a consistent naming.

I think we already discussed it more than once, and we all agreed on
this
convention.

I'm not sure we want to rehash this again every 2 years :/

When there's a push to release a 1.0 of an API, we need to make the API
consistent. I can do this myself but the community way is to have a
discussion. If  you do not want to discuss this feel free not to
participate, or say you don't care.
I don't see that anyone said that the API development should not be
community driven.

I did not suggest anyone said that. If you read above I am saying I have no
choice but to post and share with the community rather than do it myself.

We have to be careful in our phrasing. Or we should be careful in the way we understand things.

The *I* notation in shared has been added temporarily in order to ease the refactoring, and should be removed in trunk.

Again, injecting them in trunk was probably a wrong move, and should have been done in a branch. We all know that...

Ok, assuming that this was just a misunderstanding, I guess we can move on.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,