Hello,

Am Sonntag, 28. April 2013 schrieb Seth Arnold:
> I don't know anything about the GSoC project or process, but it'd be

Let's change that ;-)

We (Kshitij, John and I) discussed several things in private mails,
but Kshitij's proposal is public - feel free to have a look at it ;-)

http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/proposal/review/google/gsoc2013/kshitij8/1

If you have any questions or comments on the proposal, just reply to this mail
;-)

(You won't be able to comment directly on the page because you are not a
GSoC mentor. Only John and I can add comments.)

> fun to have some fresh input on AppArmor and the tools. The existing
> Perl-based tools feel a bit .. brittle. (At least, I'm scared of
> modifying them.)

;-)

> One thing we'd really like is some good tests to go with the new
> tools; I have found that code that was written with the intention of
> testing tends to be better code anyway, as the thought "how do I test
> this?" forces a better design. (Some people prefer to take this to
> the extreme and do test-driven development. I haven't tried, so I
> can't comment on the effectiveness, but I'm a bit worried about the
> idea of "stopping when the tests all pass".

Well, I will be the final enemy^Wtestcase *eg* - I'm quite sure you know
how hard that can be ;-)

Regards,

Christian Boltz

PS: non-random sig ;-)
--
> "Quite low" is 1 in 4 billion. Murphy could make me believe you saw it
> once, but not twice. You could plausibly see it in a stress test rig
This _is_ Christian :) he has a knack for finding bugs no one else can..
[> Crispin Cowan and Seth Arnold in apparmor-general]