On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 08:31:31PM +0200, Christian Boltz wrote:
> Correct - the only missing part is support in the utilities, which is
> now on your list of wanted features ;-)
>
> Talking about feature ideas - it would be nice to have profile
> modification scriptable. I'm thinking about something like
>
>     aa-$toolname --profile "/usr/sbin/httpd2-prefork"  \
>         --addhat "vhost_foo"
>     aa-$toolname --profile "/usr/sbin/httpd2-prefork//vhost_foo"  \
>         --add '/home/foo/httpdocs/** r'

Scriptable would be nice, and maybe even an easy fall-out of new tool
work. --addhat probably only makes sense if you can easily integrate
with templates. Maybe aa-easyprof is useful to consider there.

> Can you add this to the "nice-to-have" list?
>
> > At the time of saving a
> > profile, the user can be presented with the same as an option for the
> > same. Any other way you'd want it implemented?
>
> A config option (change main profile / write to local / always ask)
> would be nice to avoid the user gets asked every time he runs logprof.
> This also implies a commandline switch for logprof to be able to
> override the config setting.
>
> Maybe we should also have a way to set different defaults per profile.
> @John, Seth, Steve: do you think this is necessary? If yes, how would
> you implement it?

I could see a difference for distribution-provided profiles that are
being extended vs self-authored profiles that are being modified.

I wouldn't really want to have to ask for one behavior or the other --
but I could imagine that aa-genprof could add "created on this machine"
profile names into a list, and modify those profiles directly, and
profiles that aren't on the list get their <local/foo> files modified.

Thanks