Hello,

I'm awaiting an approval for my wiki.apparmor account, meanwhile I've
decided to start off with registering the ideas as blueprint on the
launchpad page.

@Christian, about saving the changes idea, do you propose a method to add a
line to the profiles specifying the switch to use (save to profile/add to
local/always ask) ? That could be done by simply adding a top line to each
profile (maybe in a comment?), that way we dont mess with the profile and
if the profile has no option we get to the default.

Also, could you elaborate on:
> Talking about feature ideas - it would be nice to have profile
> modification scriptable. I'm thinking about something like
>
>    aa-$toolname --profile "/usr/sbin/httpd2-prefork"  \
>        --addhat "vhost_foo"
>    aa-$toolname --profile "/usr/sbin/httpd2-prefork//
> vhost_foo"  \
>        --add '/home/foo/httpdocs/** r'
I understand you wish to allow the user to pass entries to the profile via
the command line. Now, which tool could be used for this purpose
(aa-genprof or aa-easyprof?) ? and what if the user entry contradicts a
previous entry? and does the tool execute after appending the profile
attribute to file or does it exit with a success or failure message?

After I wrote the above part did I notice that John had said something
similar regarding the metatag in comments. And Seth had suggested
aa-easyprof for the tool to use.

As, Seth mentioned there is a default set of profiles and then there are
the user-generated/modified profiles. Now, we could provide for a separate
place to store the user generated/modified profiles and keep the default
ones intact. Sometimes, the user generated profiles may screw up. (I ended
up messing up my Firefox profile while playing with aa-genprof as a
consequence to which my Firefox would never start-up).

Once, I get a better view of the above I'll register that as a blueprint.

Regards,
Kshitij