Sorry if this is a duplication: I tried attaching Art Burrell’s discussion of
sulfur sprays with the following message, but I think that made the message
size too large for this list-serve.

I can only reprint what Dr. Art Burrell said in 1945 at the 90th Annual Meeting
of the New York State Horticultural Society:  “Let us assume that, when the
weather has cleared and the trees have blown dry, we find on Mills’ chart that
they have been wet long enough to have permitted scab infection, and we still
have trees that were not protected [by sulfur sprays discussed earlier]. This
is where lime sulfur 2-100 comes in. We must wait until the leaves have become
dry, because in a soaked condition, they are especially subject to burning.”

Dave Rosenberger, Plant Pathologist,
Hudson Valley Lab, P.O. Box 727, Highland, NY 12528
   Cell:     845-594-3060

On Apr 7, 2016, at 12:56 PM, David Kollas