If you worry about Captan phytotoxicity, then you should also worry about LLS
being phytotoxic under the same conditions. Liquid lime sulfur is a ’normal’
(ie not emergency) choice for post infection (kickback). However, I wouldn’t
trust it 96 hours after beginning of rain, unless the temperature was very low.

Typically, we use DH (degree-hours) to describe the post infection efficacy.

In Celsius, we consider LLS good for 250 DH, meaning 25 hours at 10°C. This is
calculated once the infection is started.

If you calculate from the beginning of the rain, then about 400DH (40 hours at
10, or 80 hours at 5°C)

hope this helps.

Vincent

> Le 7 avr. 2016 à 12:56, David Kollas <kol...@frontier.com> a écrit :
>

>       Does anyone have enough experience with liquid lime sulfur to comment
> on it as an emergency
> choice for application before rains have stopped during the current long
> infection period?  It is listed as
> having 72-96 hours back-action in the New England Tree Fruits Management
> Guide.
>       In my particular situation, Half-Inch Green stage tissues were exposed
> many hours during two of
> the previous three nights to 18-20 degrees F, and are probably extra
> sensitive to captan penetration
> and phytotoxicity.
>
> David Kollas
> Kollas Orchard
> Connecticut

Vincent Philion, agr., M.Sc.
Microbiologiste/Phytopathologiste (pomiculture)

Institut de recherche et de développement en agro-environnement
Research and Development Institute for the Agri-Environment

www.irda.qc.ca

Centre de recherche
335, Rang des Vingt-Cinq Est
Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville (Québec)  J3V 0G7

vincent.phil...@irda.qc.ca

Bureau: 450 653-7368 poste 350
Cellulaire: 514-623-8275
Skype: VENTURIA
Télécopie: 450 653-1927

Verger expérimental
330, Rang des vingt-cinq Est
Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville (Québec)  J3V 4P6
Téléphone et télécopieur : 450 653-8375
Local pesticide: 450-653-7608