Quoting Joe Schaefer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

This is the right approach, I think.  But the person who'd be
in the best place to test/commit it is Bojan.  Just be sure
to bump the patch level in apreq_version.h, and add a comment
to CHANGES.

This code hangs the test (Joe Orton's original suggestion):

-------------------------------
            do {
                apr_bucket *f = APR_RING_FIRST(&in->list);
                apr_bucket *l = APR_RING_LAST(&in->list);
                APR_RING_UNSPLICE(f, l, link);
                APR_RING_SPLICE_TAIL(&out->list, f, l, apr_bucket, link);
            } while (e != APR_BRIGADE_FIRST(in));
-------------------------------

This code also hangs the test (Joe Schaefer's subsequent suggestion):

-------------------------------
            do {
                apr_bucket *f = APR_RING_FIRST(&in->list);
                apr_bucket *l = APR_BUCKET_PREV(e);
                APR_RING_UNSPLICE(f, l, link);
                APR_RING_SPLICE_TAIL(&out->list, f, l, apr_bucket, link);
            } while (e != APR_BRIGADE_FIRST(in));

When compiled with -fno-strict-aliasing, Joe Schaefer's suggestion passes the test, Joe Orton's suggestion hangs the test.

Or maybe I misunderstood what the code should actually be?

--
Bojan