Hello Michael, All;

First I want to comment that it was EXTREMELY difficult to write this
with Arachne 1.66. This is now the THIRD time I'm pounding away here
and I'll try to remember what I said before, but the first time, after
completing the message, I decided to uncheck the "use signature" box
because I didn't know what the default signature was.

I did that and hit F2. SH*T!! Arachne wanted to send SENDMAIL.ah to
the download directory !

There was no way back. The compose window won't reload.

I won't bore you with details of the second attempt, suffice it to say
that I am now using SENDMAIL.ah imported from my A162 install which I
had modified to autoload ARACHNEEDITOR with MAILBODY.tmp.
Anything else is just plain insane.

*********************************

I'm now online with Arachne 1.66 after finding and patching the problem
that caused EPPPD to refuse to load and Arachne to loop on "dialing".

EPPPD.exe does NOT like namsrvr (null)
It doesn't like a BLANK namsrvr either. I spaced over (null) in core.exe.

It DOES work if you give it two identical namsrvrs however.

The simple fix is to  manually edit all your .ACFs so that AltNameServer
is NOT blank but at least filled with the same number as NameServer.

I tried to make CONF_PPP.ah default AltNamServer to VALUE $NameServer
by use of a HIDDEN INPUT type, but I guess I don't know enough about
HTML to make it work.

That's the problem. Just FIX it.

Also, in Arachne 1.66 PROFILES.ah looks bad in 640x480 and 800x600 but
it looks normal in 1024x768.

-Clarence Verge - Limping along with Arachne 1.66  ;-)

BTW: I have 25kb more memory offline than with A162 !!