Hi Clarence,
             I tried your debug suggestions. The ppp.log
looked the same when I connected with core 164 as when
I couldn't connect with core 166. The ppp.log had only
one line in either case:

        PPPD status: IP address set to 63.20.101.117

The only difference was the IP addresses were different.
I assume the address changes with each connection since
they are dynamically assigned, as I understand it.

The only thing I change in the whole Arachne setup is
the core.exe file. With A1.64 core I connect with no
problem but with A1.66 core the TCP/IP fails.

I'm perplexed,
                 Eric

--
            |  Ayrx |__\_       Eric S. Emerson