On Sun, 13 Aug 2000 11:16:38 +0200, Or Botton wrote:

> On Sun, 13 Aug 2000 01:00:36 +0000, J. J. Young wrote:

>> L.D. Best wrote:

>>> I checked, and the problem is *not* with how Arachne handles the <pre>
>>> tag.

> The problem is that even though the < sign -should- brake the <PRE>
> tag, according to the rules, it doesnt do that in Netscape. My guess-
> another of those fixs for "nonsense that the designer do". Annoying,
> not according to the rules, but since its allready widly implemented..

I hear what you are saying about handling incorrect code. But, I
wonder...
Since many (most?) HTMLers have little use for style sheets, we continue
to use HTML 3.2 tags which have been deprecated for some time now.
(including <PRE>!)

When we point a finger, three fingers point back ;-)

                       - Pete Randolph -
                 - Morristown Corners, Vermont -