On Sat, 19 Aug 2000 15:42:19 -0500, Clarence Verge wrote:

> ARACHNE is NOT the problem here ! The default MS-DOS 5 install is !

  Hmmm... Welll, it takes two to tango ;-)

>> Ok, I will change the default settings - or rather one more setup screen
>> will be added, which will prompt for usage of TEMP directory (using it as
>> CACHE - option C:\DOS will be detected), usage of Arrow keys (mouse or
>> scrolling) and maybe something simillar, which can confuse new users, who
>> are too lazy to read all fine-tuning setup screens...

> Michael. I don't think it is necessary to got to that extreme.
> Just eliminate the possibility of using a preexisting "TEMP" and use
> ARACHNETEMP only. If the user wants to point ARACHNETEMP to C:\DOS maybe
> you should let them - ONLY if they enter that themselves.

> This fixes the problem and makes the code shorter, NOT longer.

  I would enjoy having clearer choices regarding scrolling and arrow keys;
I had a bit of trouble with this at first...
  As to ARACHNETEMP-- I prefer to have *all* progs use the same dir
because it is easy to empty. However, IMVHO, Clarence's idea sounds OK...

                       - Pete Randolph -
                 - Morristown Corners, Vermont -