Hey guys,

Hayes was bought out, not out of business, and IIRC the modems under
Hayes name are still "supported."  They were bought by Cardinal I think,
and the conglomerated bunch was bought by 3COM.  3COM has good support
and drivers etc for older modems are available at a number of web sites
outside 3COM's ...

And 3COM makes good modems.  The green LEDs on mine are shining
brightly, with the red LEDs periodically checking upstream/downstream
connectivity on the WAN [is it a LAN when it covers a whole small city,
or is it a WAN or is there a new designation of MAN -- medium area
network?????].

l.d.
====

--

Join B'FOR - B'mothers For Open Records
[Associate members of triad also welcome; membership confidential.]

-- Arachne V1.64, NON-COMMERCIAL copy, http://arachne.cz/