from "Samuel W. Heywood" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

   There is a very nice split-screen editor that is available from MIX
   software.  These are the people who make the Power C compiler for
   DOS.  I have their editor and I used to use it.  All of their stuff
   is commercial payware supplied with very nice printed manuals and
   all for a very low bargain price.  See http://www.mixsoftware.com

   Also you could use the Qedit editor or the freeware PEDIT.  With
(snip)

I remember those ads from Mix Software for the Power C compiler for DOS, didn't
think it would be still available these days with DOS falling out of favor.  One
critical issue regarding these text editors is whether they are limited to low
DOS memory and unable to handle a file > about 360 KB.  One requirement, as far
as I'm concerned, is the ability to see beyond this limitation, and to be able
to handle more than one file, and hopefully be less bloated than GNU Emacs DOS
port.  Can OLIM handle large files such as might occur with a file of many email
or news messages concatenated?

Normally, to copy and paste from one file to another, you need to use the
clipboard as an intermediary.  Getting everything to show on one screen requires
much more Windows dexterity than I have, and my monitor is only 14".