On Wed, 05 Dec 2001, Frits Westra <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Thanks for your replies, Philipp, and Roger.
>
>The problem is that I moderate two mailing lists at Yahoo
>Groups. I need to be able to sing-in at the Yahoo Groups Center.
>Until recently this was no problem using the latest Arachne
>version. Now it seems impossible because an https:// string is
>generated when I use the sign-in box.
>
>Any other ideas would be appreciated.
>
>Cheers,
>Frits Westra -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Frits,

What I am currently doing to moderate my groups, and access my MyYahoo,
is using an old cookie..AND NEVER doing a Signout....this is working
for the present time...

I can access MyYahooGroups page by launching the URL:

with the old cookie.lst in place, and it takes me straight to my groups
page...

I am talking to Yahoo, about re-enabling their "standard" login service
(i.e. as opposed to their "secure" login option, which they have now
made default-locked).  But they are not being responsive.  I think we
will have to live with https signins more and more....my ISP has even
just now gone to that on their website, and it appears to be something
we cannot avoid...

A temporary alternative is to use Opera or IExploder on Windows3.1
until Arachne gets some kind of http-over-secure-sockets-layer...

.....gregy

-- This mail was written by user of Arachne, the Ultimate Internet Client