On Sat, 8 Dec 2001, Frits Westra <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

--------snip------------

>> I am talking to Yahoo, about re-enabling their "standard"
>> login service

> I've also sent a message about this problem to Yahoo Groups
> using a form on one of their help pages. So far, no reply. Did
> you actually receive a reply or just a confirmation of your
> message?

no..more of their standard confirmation...I'm waiting, then I'll
send some more bug-mail to "webmaster" etc...

> (i.e. as opposed to their "secure" login
>> option, which they have now made default-locked).

> I'm still not sure whether it's default-locked on Yahoo's side.
> Could it be that there is something in their HTML code that
> makes Arachne generate an https:// string?

I don't think so...they don't act like "javascript run-around"..I
get that on the eBay Signin pages...Yahoo's thing seems to be a "locked
in Secure Mode" thing.....however, I'm not yet enough of a javascript
guru to be able to recognize such on those Yahoo pages....BUT...with
javascript enabled in IE3.03, it kicks the browser security lock on
and sends it to https automagically, so it doesn't seem to be lack of
javascript that is kicking Arachne toward an https page...

.......gregy