On Fri, 7 Dec 2001 15:23:16 +0100, Stephane Roth wrote:

> Now just one or 2 minor questions :

> - In the sample Arachne.cfg there is room for an "AltNameServer" , not so
> in the "ppdrc.cfg" , or may I add it there too ?

You have no control over pppdrc.cfg. Arachne creates it every time
you go online. Delete it and see.

> - Maybe many of you have got multiple POP servers , how do you manage
> to poll more than one ? ( Must say I haven't tried the pop/smtp with arachne
> yet)
> Can you switch the POP settings while connected ? Can you automate the
> process ?

Just have a different profile for each pop and switch profiles while
online. I do this manually by shelling to DOS and returning. You can
probably do it via the "Profile" button.

> - Can you configure Arachne for an AOL connection ? ( OK !!! just kidding :)

Eeewwwww!

> - My Arachne here is version # 1.50 "stable release candidate" 5/7/99 .
> Any objection to staying with it as is ?

A bad choice in my opinion. To me, the word "stable" was a joke.

Try Version 1.66.

-  Clarence Verge.
-- Using Arachne 1.66 on DSL.