On Fri, 7 Dec 2001 15:23:16 +0100, Stephane Roth wrote:

> - My Arachne here is version # 1.50 "stable release candidate" 5/7/99 .
> Any objection to staying with it as is ?

Arachne was improved considerably beyond that point, so I see no
particular reason not to upgrade to the current version 1.70 release 3.

It's available at the website.

Try it and judge for yourself. I think it's quite a bit faster and
more adept than 1.50.

Opinions vary. Many of us Arachne users are very opinionated, but
I can't recall anyone expressing a preferance for 1.50.

I've used almost every version of Arachne since 1.20 or thereabouts
and I think the current version is the best so far.

I hope that further improvements will be made to Arachne--but I'm
begining to doubt that any are forthcoming in the forseeable
future.

Sam Ewalt
Croswell, Michigan, USA
-- Arachne V1.70;rev.3, NON-COMMERCIAL copy, http://arachne.cz/