Hi Sam!

18 May 2002, "Sam Ewalt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 >> Did you guys know that it is not safe to surf the net with
 >> JavaScript enabled?  Your computer can get smitten by a Trojan
 >> simply by visiting a web page.
 SE> I don't know if it's just javascript or java applets,
Should be neither.
JavaScript is very limited, it is IMHO not possible to store something to
the HDD with JavaScript.
Java has a very strict security model. (eg if you want to print, store,
open a network socket ... you will be asked if this is OK)

I guess it is ActiveX.
It can do _everything_ a windows program can, and there is virtually no
security measures.

 SE> but I can confirm that it is possible to get infected by visiting a
 SE> website with IE fully enabled.
I have seen a virus scanner implemented as a activex control.
Eg you surf to a URL, and than you can scan your local files for viri.

 SE> Sam Ewalt

CU, Ricsi