On Sat, 25 May 2002 00:49:23 -0500, Samuel W. Heywood wrote:

> Today I signed up for the free ISP at http://www.access-4-free.com.
> You can use the service absolutely for free as long as you don't
> exceed 10 hours per month.  There is a very nominal setup fee of
> $4.95.  You can't just send them a check.  You have to give them your
> credit card number.

This just goes to show how different people can be. I'd rather
pay for occasional long distance phone calls than give out my
credit card number to a "free service". I hate the very idea
of it. I just don't trust 'em. I feel almost as strongly about this
as some people feel about spam.

If I was traveling a great deal I would get a cell phone plan
that has long distance included with no roaming charges and
a cell phone like that Nokia you told us about that you can
use as a modem.

Of course the cell phone company is going to want my credit
card number too. (grumble and moan bitterly to the gods of
commerce) The world's gone wrong but at least I can try to
be selective about who gets my credit info.

Sam Ewalt
Croswell, Michigan, USA
-- Arachne V1.70;rev.3, NON-COMMERCIAL copy, http://arachne.cz/