Hi Folks, L.D.,

On Thu, 19 Dec 2002 19:14:09 -0400, L.D. Best wrote:

> Sorry you lost your tune singing the song ... at one time, BION, I
> invented a method of sending full musical scores in pure ascii text.  Of
> course technology passed me by long ago, and no one needs it so I think
> I have forgotten most of it.  The timing was difficult in places on the
> song .. I'll try to do better next time. };>

   There is a standard way of doing that - abc format. (Trust me - I am
a musician.)

> What messed me up on the definition was that the name of the phobia was
> spelt incorrectly! <G>

> The fear of having peanut butter stick to the roof of your mouth is:
>    arachibutyrophobia
>   butyro = butter  as in butyric acid that give butter taste

   er...   butyric acid is what gives RANCID butter its distinctive
bouquet. (Trust me - I am a chemist.  :)    )

>   I guess arachi is a root word for peanut??

   Yep. Arachis is a generic name for peanuts (before it became Dune).
(Trust me - I was a child on the "Ground Nut Scheme" in East Africa just
after WWII.)

Regards,
         Ron

Ron Clarke