Hi Bastiaan!

24 Dec 2002, "Bastiaan Edelman, PA3FFZ" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 BF> Until a year ago my provider behaved likewise and only HTTP upload was
 BF> possible. HTTP upload could not be done with Arachne since you had
 BF> first to call a special page with a lot of WIZARDS... java script and
 BF> all that nonsens.
HTTP upload can be used without any Javascript or anything.

 BF> Until a year ago they made FTP possible and FTP is much faster, no
 BF> bload at all...
FTP upload and HTTP upload do the same on a network view.
They send data over a socket.
If one is faster than the other than there is a serious quirk on either the
server or the client ... or both :)

 BF> and files are smaller. HTTP is a 7 bit system
nope

 BF> FTP is fast and uncomplicated
as fast as anything else.
And FTP is farest away from being uncomplicated.
It is a HUGE mess on the protocol level, and inherently insecure.

 BF> Regards, Bastiaan

CU, Ricsi