On Wed, 15 Jan 2003 16:42:17 -0400 "L.D. Best" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
writes:
( from - Re: Graphics manipulation [was Re: Quicker loading pages)

> Technology is running so fast ... I hope we can find valid and
> valuable uses for it once in awhile.
> ====

I run some 16 color maps on an Arachne page - it makes a great
state-of-the-art geography learning lab. In fact, Arachne is pretty handy
with just about any subject.

In a remote village without even a single paper map, this is space-age
technology. Nobody is too concerned that the computer is a 486 running
DOS.

Of course, the UN wasn't so happy when the Kosovars created a map of "The
Republic of Kosova". Not that I was really interested in their opinion,
anyway.

See what 'freedom of speech' does for you.

Bob

-

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com