On Mon, 26 May 2003 03:13:14 -0500, Samuel W. Heywood wrote:

> If he didn't do it, then by the sending to him a copy of the misdeed
> that was done they are unjustly accusing him of committing the crime.

That's debatable. If they said to him "YOU sent out this infected
message" they could be unjustly accusing him. OTOH if they said only
that the mesage he had APPARENTLY sent was infected, then it is merely a
statement of fact, not an accusation.

Wouldn't you like to know if someone was doing that under your name? I
most certainly would!

> It is a very bad idea to accuse a person of commiting a crime unless
> you have some very good evidence indicating that he probably did it.

But did they accuse him? Or did they merely advise him? I would need to
see a copy of the message that was sent to him before I could say one
way or the other.

> Also it is a very bad idea to commit libel because the person who has
> unjustly suffered having had his reputation damaged can have his
> lawyers take you to the cleaners for that.

So let him sue them. Then we'll be able to follow the case and find out
all the details for sure.

from Greg Mayman, in Adelaide, South Australia
  "Queen City of the South"  34:55S  138:36E
-- Arachne V1.71;UE01, NON-COMMERCIAL copy, http://arachne.cz/