Hi Chris,

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 08:54:59, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> maybe I can give you a little more advice  so that you will be able
> to get the grafprt.bat running on your system.

> It is up to you how you create the bitmaps you are going to print
> - either with CTRL+P or with the PrtScr key.

   I do both, depending on the page.

> A main thing is however to configure PRINTGFD. Its interface offers
> an option to save the present configuration. Otherwise you will have
> to send the settings on the command line and command line length in
> DOS is limited.

> I configured the program for the following default settings:

> :: /FI-                 HPLJ4
> :: /FI                  HPLJ5
> :: /L7.5,11.5,0.2,0     margins for A4 paper
> :: /Q1R                 dithering (on Pentium 266 MHz)
> :: /AA400,900,800,1000  image coordinates absolute -
> ::                      prints the first page of
> ::                      a 800px wide bitmap in portrait
> :: /A50,50,100          image coordinates relative -
> ::                      prints first page of any bitmap

  I have had PRINTGFD configured for my system for a while.

> This seems to be due to problems with mime.cfg and grafprt.bat.

   Indeed it is.

> 1. if you want to preserve the bitmap after printing, just leave out
> the part "\n del _4prt.bmp".

   Yep, I had done that.   :)

> 2. The grafprt.bat should be in the directory from where Arachne is
> running.

   It is.

> In order to debug grafprt.bat I would recommend:

> - Insert echo and pause commands in order to see whether the
> program starts at all and whether variables are handed over
> correctly.

   I tried that at first, and simply did not get grafprt.bat to run at
all.  There was my problem !

> - If grafprt.bat does not even start the mistake is probably in the
> mime.cfg statement

   There is !

> (is there another line with file/printbmp.dgi before?).

   Nope.

> You can insert commands like "@echo $1 $2 $r\npause" even
> there in order to check what is going on.

   I found the first problem - $r is not getting passed on correctly.
But once I re-wrote mime.cfg to read:

file/printbmp.dgi |@call grafprt.bat _4prt.bmp 800

and corrected grafprt.bat as indicated below, then it all worked as
advertised.  Of course, I can only use this to print out webpages saved
with the Ctrl+P or PrintScreen functions, and only when I keep my screen
set at 800x640 pixels, and only if the page saved does not exceed the
width of my screen, but I can live with that.

> 3. My DOS version is MS-DOS 7.10 (W98), but I am not aware of any
> extraordinary commands here. Rather I have to admit that I did not
> test the plug-in on any other system than the Pentium 266.

   No, I agree it is not relevant. But this is:

:loop800
shift
if "%1"=="" goto done
cls
i:\appl\grafprg\printgf\printgfd.exe %fname% /AA400,%1,800,1000
echo.
choice "more? [y/n] " /C:NY /N
if not errorlevel 2 goto done
goto loop780