On  7 Aug 03 at 10:35, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>Reply to Sender: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Reply to List: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>> You can insert commands like "@echo $1 $2 $r\npause" even
>> there in order to check what is going on.
>
>   I found the first problem - $r is not getting passed on correctly.

Is it passed at all? Your numbers will be probably different than
mine. May be it is not only the scrollbar that has to be taken into
account.

>But once I re-wrote mime.cfg to read:
>
>file/printbmp.dgi |@call grafprt.bat _4prt.bmp 800
>
>and corrected grafprt.bat as indicated below, then it all worked as
>advertised.  Of course, I can only use this to print out webpages saved with
>the Ctrl+P or PrintScreen functions, and only when I keep my screen set at
>800x640 pixels, and only if the page saved does not exceed the width of my
>screen, but I can live with that.

This seems a lot of limitations to me.

The resolution variable should indeed mark a maximum width. The very
point is that the picture must not exeed that range. How wide a page
is can be easily told by switching between screen resolutions. This
is why I wanted to use the $r variable.

In my script there are basically only two alternatives: 640 and 800
width. But of course you could amend the script in order to handle
1000px wide pages. The problem the script tried to solve was was the
length - to tell the printer at what portion of the entire picture to
start a each page.

If $r really does not work on your system, you may consider to
pass the wanted resolution as a query string on the export/print
page. There even is an Arachne configuration variable BMPwidth
that could perhaps be used for this task. Insert a form to the
export/printing page that asks for the resolution before calling
grafprt.dgi. The variable would then be $s or $kBMPwidth.

>goto loop780
>     ^^^^^^^   This should say "loop800"
>
>    Thanks for your help.   :)

Thanks for debugging

>Regards,
>         Ron

Christof

 Christof Lange <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 Prokopova 4, 130 00 Praha 3, Czech Republic
 phone: (+420) 222 78 06 73 / 222 78 20 02
 http://www.volny.cz/cce.zizkov