Hi  gang,

Perhaps I'm a bit sheltered from the real world ... I don't really
receive that much spam.

The majority of my spam actually comes from the a-list. Other than the
(now routine) letters from our friends in Nigeria, I only receive 2 or 3
unwanted letters per week.

So, in reality, the biggest spam mailer to my computer is Michael and his
associates from Africa. Now, I realize that Michael probably did not
intend to become a spammer, but he has created one of the most innovative
spam systems in the world.

First, you create a scheme to draw in subscribers. Then you cripple the
software, so that nobody can unsubscribe. Then you create an open relay
and an easily hacked ISP, so that spammers can have free access to the
mailing list. Absolutely brilliant.

As long as we have archives and include real email addresses in the
headers or the message, we will have spam. Spam is sent by automated
processes, and ONLY by automation. The volume needed to generate a profit
mandates automation. Which means is only a machine - programmed to do
repetitive tasks.

There is absolutely no reason for list members to complain about spam
(specifically). It comes automatically, only as a result of the way we
have programmed our machines.

If we don't want it - change the program.

Or unsubscribe.   (ha ha ha ha ha ......to infinity ......)

Bob ~

-

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!