Hello everybody,

I used to push later pre-releases for essential core packages (for example
systemd and util-linux) to core-testing. The idea was to have some extra
testing even before building the final packages. For some time this worked
quite well...

Lately this broke, though.
Our current tooling (pkgctl from devtools) builds packages (at least core
ones) in core-testing. We then moved a package that was built with util-linux
2.40rc2. It's dynamic linking was ok, but it required the symbol MOUNT_2_40
from libmount.so, still breaking. We had to move the util-linux pre-release
packages to core to solve this.

Of course this had not been detected before, because packages in testing were
ok in that combination.

So wondering how to solve this, and have some extra testing anyway. The more
people testing pre-release packages the better...

Having said that - I have set up a custom repository for now with systemd
256rc2. To test that add these lines to your pacman.conf:

[testing]
Server = https://pkgbuild.com/~eworm/$repo/$arch/

Feedback welcome!
--
main(a){char*c=/*    Schoene Gruesse                         */"B?IJj;MEH"
"CX:;",b;for(a/*    Best regards             my address:    */=0;b=c[a++];)