Robin Candau <an...@archlinux.org> on Wed, 2024/05/15 15:25:
> Thanks for setting up a custom repo for such pre-releases.
> It directly paid off as we were able to discover a breaking change for
> mkinitcpio in the current systemd 256rc2 release (and thus in the future
> 256 stable one) [1]!
>
> For people trying out systemd 256rc2 via Christian's custom repo, be
> aware that running mkinitcpio to re-generate your initramfs (`mknitcpio
> -P`/`mkinitcpio -p **kernel_name**`) on a system that do *not* have the
> 'systemd' hook in the HOOKS array of the mkinitcpio.conf file will lead
> to an unbootable state where the root partition fails to mount at boot.
>
> If you already in such state, you can get back to a functional state by
> downgrading systemd{,-libs,-sysvcompat} to v255.6-1 and re-running
> `mkinitcpio -P` from a chroot.
>
> The cause of this issue is already identified and being brainstormed ;)
> (see the below issue for more details).
>
> [1]
> https://gitlab.archlinux.org/archlinux/mkinitcpio/mkinitcpio/-/issues/270

Oh, forgot to mention here... I had pushed `mkinitcpio 39.1-1.1` to my custom
repository, which adds my proposed fix [2]. With that in place we have no
more known issues.

[2]
https://gitlab.archlinux.org/archlinux/mkinitcpio/mkinitcpio/-/merge_requests/395
--
main(a){char*c=/*    Schoene Gruesse                         */"B?IJj;MEH"
"CX:;",b;for(a/*    Best regards             my address:    */=0;b=c[a++];)