Jan de Groot wrote:
On Mon, 2008-04-07 at 11:12 +0200, RedShift wrote:
I'm sick and tired of complaining about issues like these, that
shouldn't be discussed in the first place. Do you think I like
complaining? Since when do we assume the user is stupid? All that's
been accomplished here is create a big mess.

I think these things shouldn't be discussed in public anymore. Your use
of language makes me sick. This is the same for that thread aaron opened
about the direction archlinux is going, some people personally attacked
several devs.

Yes, I'm sorry for my language, I can be a bit harsh at times, haven't allowing
myself to cool down. But that's no excuse for avoiding this discussion. You may
see this as some little change with small importance, but this sets a precedent
for Arch Linux in the future. It's now that has to be decided that changes like
these are acceptable or not.

And the fact that developers attacked other developers personally, isn't that
expected? They did create the packages, so if there is something wrong, they
are the ones to go to?

Glenn