Sergej Pupykin schrieb:
>> I would say, use /usr/share/www/ (or similar) for static/php files, and provide proper configuration >> files that set the correct Alias and Directory directives for popular servers like apache and >> lighttpd. Users can then use Include directives (in case of apache) to load those confighuration
 >>  files and enable the web app.

It is good idea, but it needs patching for most of webapps because of webapps configs should be in /etc and user data - in /var by default.

Patching them is overkill, it would be an example of the unnecessary patching we do not want in Arch. I would keep them self-contained, no matter which solution will be used in the end. I wouldn't even have such a big problem with having configuration in /usr/share/www/phpmyadmin/config.inc.php or so.

In any way, filling /srv with data from pacman is a bad idea, /home and /srv should be user territory only.