Kevin,

On Wed, Jan 17, 2007 at 04:55:02PM -0500, Piche, Kevin wrote:

> To indicate that a package needs upgrading find using the package search
> on www.archlinux.org and click on the link "flag out-of date".

Great!!  I'll make note of that.  Sounds like a great feature.  The more I'm
discovering about Arch Linux the more I'm liking it.

> If you mean the hercules emulator I'll take a peek at it tonight...

Yes, it's the Hercules emulator I'm refering to.  While you're looking at
it, if you're not already aware of it, their web site address had changed.
The old url is still accessable but the Hercules project now has it's own
domain name:

http://www.Hercules-390.org

Also, would adding the --enable-setuid-hercifc ./config parm be appropriate
or is that better left for user customization?  Hercules installs a helper
program, hercifc, for TUN/TAP networking purposes.  With the above
./configure parm the program is installed setuid root.  One also needs to
create a group for TUN/TAP users if one doesn't already exist, change the
group of the hercifc program to said group and set up a UDEV rule so that
/dev/net/tun is also assigned said group.

Kevin
http://www.RawFedDogs.net
http://www.WacoAgilityGroup.org
Bruceville, TX