Michel Di Croci wrote:
> http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Installing_ArchLinux_on_a_USB_key
>
> I will fill the missing section when I come back at home tonight.
>
> Michel

I don't think anyone has mentioned this yet, but I wonder about the
effect on the lifetime of the usb key if it is used in this way. They
support only a limited number of write cycles, and I guess running a
normal linux system could be quite a challenge (though I have no
concrete data on this).

A system designed for a live CD would perhaps be more appropriate (as it
is designed for a read-only medium)? You can also fit more stuff onto it
than using the 'straight' method because it is compressed. Of course
persistent writing is not quite as straightforward as with a 'straight'
system, but that's the compromise.

The last time I tested larch on a usb key it worked pretty well - it
seemed pretty fast, too. I also have a media player running larch from
compact flash card, and am quite happy with it.