On Fri, 2007-02-02 at 06:54 -0700, Derek Carlson wrote:
> Thx for the heads up ref: the dbus configuration file.  This advice
> will
> help.
>
> >From a slightly different perspective, it is unfortunate that any
> program would crash upon reading an invalid config file.  It should
> simply report and exit gracefully.  Sigh.

It reloads the configuration but fails to parse it, so it exits. It's
not a graceful exit: it also disconnects all active clients in that. The
clients that crash in turn notice that dbus is disconnected, and as
these programs have dbus integrated in the mainloop in a wrong method
(default for dbus-glib is to exit the app when dbus gets closed), the
program exits and closes all active things then. In case of Terminal
this was just exiting the Terminal program and all open terminals with
it, in case of gnome-session it just quits your session without
notification.

Due to some patches I managed to keep these programs from exiting, but
in this case it's important that you're actually running it when
upgrading to dbus 1.0.x, otherwise it makes no sense.