Shubham Chaurasia <shubh.chaura...@gmail.com> writes:
>Yesterday I started a conversation but did not introduced myself on
>this particular thread.
>
>I am a final year Computer Science, Bachelor of Engineering student.I
>just visited ARCHES and found it to be a nice concept.I liked the idea
>of Improving Representation of Spatial-Temporal Relationships in
>particular. I got the sense of it by the example of 'Iron Age' given
>with the topic.
>I know JavaScript and learned python recently. I am comfortable with
>both of them.
>I have a question regarding the project, whether in this project we
>have to maintain database also or only we have to focus on the
>representation of those data across the map?
>And should I learn postGIS database for this project?
>
>Kindly guide me through this and tell me about more
>technologies/Algorithms that I have to study to accomplish this
>project.

Welcome, Shubham Chaurasia.  You got that particular idea from
http://archesproject.org/ideas, right?

I'm not sure what you mean when you ask whether you will have to
"maintain" the database.  The Arches Project can probably supply sample
data to work with.  You might have to learn some of the database schema
or other internals, though (I'm not sure -- I'm not an Arches developer
myself, but I realized I didn't understand your question so I thought
I'd ask you to clarify).

Best,
-Karl