From: archesproject@googlegroups.com [mailto:archesproject@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of Marju Niinemaa
Sent: 03 March 2014 23:59
To: archesproject@googlegroups.com
Subject: [Arches] Re: Signing in

Hi! :)

My name is Marju Niinemaa and I'm studying IT Systems Development at Estonian
IT College. I have coded only little over a year and half but I am really eager
to learn. I have basic knowledge of Python, CSS, HTML, JavaScript, MySQL, Java
and Ruby.

The reason why I fell in love with Arches is that I have a MA in history and
projects like Arches made me want to learn to code. I like the opportunity to
create amazing projects to historians to give them better access to data and
also to society to have a better visual access to historical data. I have
worked at Estonian National Arcives and in one small museum, Harju County
Museum. Both jobs were related to databases. As a historian I know how the
userside and as a programmer I can relate to technical side.

Arches is a project I want to take part in. I would like to learn more about
the visualization and user expericence. And I just started to explore the code
from Bitbucket. I got Arches up and running on my laptop. It really looks
amazing project. Keeping up the good work!

where in the world are you working?
I'm Estonian girl who I is living in Berlin for the next two mounths.

what can you see out of the window? Is there any heritage in your view?
>From my window I see another bulding and people living their everyday life. I
>don't see any great monuments but I'm in Berlin and in Germany where you can
>see history and heritage in every step I make as in everywhere in the world
>and that is what make it wonderful.  I can not wait to discover it.

Best wishes!
Marju

--
-- To post, send email to
archesproject@googlegroups.com<mailto:archesproject@googlegroups.com>. To

views which are not the views of English Heritage unless specifically stated.
If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system and notify
the sender immediately. Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way
nor act in reliance on it. Any information sent to English Heritage may become
publicly available.

Portico: your gateway to information on sites in the National Heritage
Collection; have a look and tell us what you think.
http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/professional/archives-and-collections/portico/