Hi Adam,

I attached the file relating to the Arches installation (pip install arches
> full_output.txt 2>&1).

Here are some of the specs that I'm using:

Parallels for Mac (Virtual machine software)
Ubuntu 14.04 LTS (set up with 4GB Ram)

Yes I believe I have the virtual environment activated when trying to
activate the virtual machine. (Env) is the first thing shown in the command
line. What is strange after I install the Arches-Hip is that there is no
/ElasticSearch or /Tests directory as shown in the example directory
structure provided in the instructions (shown bellow). Although if there is
a problem with the Arches install, this may be the cause. I may start from
scratch tomorrow by reinstalling Ubuntu, the dependencies etc... to see if
this works (although I've tried this before).

Projects
  /ENV (virtual environment where arches_hip gets installed)
  /my_hip_app
    manage.py
    wsgi.py
    README.txt
    /my_hip_app
        settings.py
        setup.py
        urls.py
        /elasticsearch
        /logs
        /media
        /models
        /source_data
        /templates
        /tests

I also had a look at various settings relating to the Ubuntu account. I did
not find anything specific relating to the admin rights.

Thanks again Adam for your help.

Chris