Thanks Adam, adding sudo helped.

I was able to install pip (using: sudo apt-get install python-pip), and
create the virtual environment. I think I'm now having errors relating to
the Arches installation. (I'm almost there!)

Here is the steps I've taken:

sudo pip install virtualenv==1.11.4 (works OK)

Create "Project" directory enter Project directory.

virtualenv ENV (works OK)

source ENV/bin/activate (works OK)

pip install arches (sample of errors throughout instalation as follows:)

*sample at start of installation:*

    warning: no previously-included files found matching 'arches/logs/*.txt'

    warning: no previously-included files matching '*' found under
directory 'tests'

    warning: no previously-included files matching '*' found under
directory 'virtualenv'

    warning: no previously-included files matching '*' found under
directory 'arches/elasticsearch'

    warning: no previously-included files matching '*' found under
directory 'arches/uploadedfiles'

*Sample at middle, just before elastic search download:*

    compilation terminated.

    error: command 'x86_64-linux-gnu-gcc' failed with exit status 1

*and at end:*

    compilation terminated.

    error: command 'x86_64-linux-gnu-gcc' failed with exit status 1

    Cleaning up...

    Command /home/couimet/Projects/ENV/bin/python -c "import setuptools,
tokenize;__file__='/home/couimet/Projects/ENV/build/psycopg2/setup.py';exec(compile(getattr(tokenize,

'open', open)(__file__).read().replace('\r\n', '\n'), __file__, 'exec'))"
install --record /tmp/pip-pt7G0M-record/install-record.txt
--single-version-externally-managed --compile --install-headers
/home/couimet/Projects/ENV/include/site/python2.7 failed with error code 1
in /home/couimet/Projects/ENV/build/psycopg2

    Storing debug log for failure in /home/couimet/.pip/pip.log

     30917670  [100.00%]

Successfully installed arches

Cleaning up...

(ENV)couimet@ubuntu:~/Projects$

I also tried with sudo pip install arches, but that seems to make it worst.

Thanks again.

Christian