Hi Guido -

Just to clarify the install elasticsearch command basically downloads
elasticsearch and modifies the configs. You could do it manually if you
wanted to by downloading it here:

https://www.elastic.co/downloads/past-releases/elasticsearch-5-1-2

The elasticsearch that you see in `pip list` is just the python bindings
that Arches uses to communicate with elasticsearch and it sounds like that
was successfully installed.

However, looking at the stack trace of your error it seems like Django is
unable to locate GDAL - specifically this line:

    File
"C:\projects\ENV\lib\site-packages\django\contrib\gis\db\models\fields.py",
line 3, in <module>
    from django.contrib.gis import forms, gdal

 I would double check the GDAL_LIBRARY_PATH path in your settings and make
sure it's pointing to the right file (odds are it will be a bit different
than this one: `C:/OSGeo4W64/bin/gdal201.dll`)

If the path is correct I would just check and make sure that GDAL is
working properly, perhaps by running gdalinfo from the command line.

Once Django can locate GDAL the elasticsearch download command should work.

Cheers,

Cyrus