Hi Cyrus and Adam,
first of all thank you for the broader explications, as they sometimes help
to understand what we are doing and not just asking to repeat code
strings...

running GDALINFO I was able to track that Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable
was not correctly installed on my system, due to Win8.1 not had all updates
installed...

After that, I had to reinstall osgeo4w64, which only installed 111 and 202
.dll through the predefined installation setup. gdal201.dll can be
installed independently from the installer... just if somebody else need
this info.

I reinstalled arches, and now successfully installed elasticsearch, which
is correctly running...

Jumped to the next step of the setup process, and I have to ask help
again...
I have a problem with the postgresql pw when creating the db:
I installed *PostgreSQL 9.6 with PostGIS 2.3 *from the suggested installer
and kept the standard pw (admin).
When required for the pw issuing *python** manage.py packages -o setup_db*
I tried either with *admin *and with *postgis*, as suggested in the arches
documentation. By the way it mentions that the pw is set by a script, so
I'm a bit confused here..
In both cases it gives me a django.db.utils.OprationalError: FATAL: pw
authentification failed for postgres user

I also tried issuing psql command, and both pw fails.

Is there a way to check which could be the pw or a way to reset it?? As
said before, if it has been set up by a script I wouldn't like to try to
modify it following standard psql procedures...

Thanks again for the permanent support...