Hi Azeez/Sameera and et al.

I'm currently undergoing development of $subject [1]
<https://redmine.wso2.com/issues/3417>

In the current implementation of embedded tomcat in appserver doesn't
supports Manager[2]
<http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/config/manager.html> attributes
defines in context.xml which is a big disadvantage for $Subject
implementation. Furthermore we explicitly change Manager element via code
level so no flexibility toward clients to change Manager attributes via
context.xml.

Tomcat provides two Manager element implementations StandardManager and
PersistentManager. PersistentManager has the capability to swap active (but
idle) sessions out to a persistent storage mechanism[2]
<http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/config/manager.html>, as well as
to save all sessions across a normal restart of Tomcat. Our Appserver has
tenant-aware StandardManager implementation called
CarbonTomcatSessionManager but no PersistenceManager support yet.

I'm proposing we should go ahead and implement tenant-aware
PersistentManager support ( CarbonTomcatSessionPersistentManager ) thus it
will help us to achieve tenant-aware session persistence in future
releases. We should provide support for persistent Stores via context.xml
as well, in result end-users can configure different store elements in
context.xml. On going preliminary test scenarios [4]
<https://docs.google.com/a/wso2.com/spreadsheets/d/1XVlYOp6grJKX4qPbk96QlyUN6VlCrPf1xo2fnE4gzvY/edit#gid=0>
[3]
<https://docs.google.com/a/wso2.com/presentation/d/15YyXzpj877LHmZtPQGIidgh-wnBVStiBTBN5oci6AMk/edit?usp=sharing>

WDYT?