Hi folks

As of now I've completed base implementation support for HTTP Session
persistence for Appserver. Therefore we can define Persistent Manager
element [1] <http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/config/manager.html>
as follows in global context.xml.

*FileStore support *

<Manager className='
org.wso2.carbon.webapp.mgt.CarbonTomcatSessionPersistentManager'
                saveOnRestart='false'
                maxActiveSessions='5'
                minIdleSwap='0'
                maxIdleSwap='1'
                maxIdleBackup='0'>
      <Store className='org.apache.catalina.session.FileStore'
                 directory='<location>'/>
</Manager>

*Completed tasks *

   - Preliminary testing for CarbonTomcatSessionPersistentManager can be
   found here [2]

<https://docs.google.com/a/wso2.com/spreadsheets/d/1XVlYOp6grJKX4qPbk96QlyUN6VlCrPf1xo2fnE4gzvY/edit#gid=0>,
   but tests were conducted for FileStore
   (org.apache.catalina.session.FileStore) support only
   - CarbonTomcatSessionPersistentManager element support for context.xml,
   As of now we only support CarbonTomcatSessionManager.

*TODOs*

   - Tenant-aware PersistentManager support for
   CarbonTomcatSessionPersistentManager
   - JDBC implementation (org.apache.catalina.session.JDBCStore) support
   - Perform thorough test scenarios on session persistence vs session
   replication.

--
*Pubudu Dissanayake*
 Software Engineer