Hi all,

I am implementing the UX solution, proposed by Danushka, to improve the
performance of Runtime configs page after removing the registry mounts. To
implement this, I am saving the resource name and description to the
existing runtime database (AF_RESOURCE) and showing these information in
the Runtime configs overview page and other config pages (APIs page and
Properties page).

In the existing overview page we are showing Name and Authentication for
external APIs while all the other resource types are showing Name and
Description. Now the problem is when we saving the external api information
to the runtime database there is no column to save the authentication type.

To overcome this issue we can choose one of the following solution.

   1. We can add another table AF_EXTERNAL_API and store authentication
   type there.
   2. We can stop showing authentication type without retrieving data from
   remote server.
   3. We can add another column to the existing AF_RESOURCE table to store
   authentication type.
   4. Add a description to external apis and show it in UI instead of
   authentication type (Currently there is no description to external apis).

1 & 3 will need data migration. 1 would be cleaner than 3.

If we are going with 2, then it will show only the name of the external
apis while others will show name and description.

I kindly expect your thoughts on this issue.

Thanks.

Mahendran Pirinthapan
Software Engineer | WSO2 Inc.
Mobile +94772378732.