Hi All

Currently we are trying to improve the performance of the App Factory.
While doing that we identified that having a lot of registry mounts (in AF
case 3) might be an performance impact. These mounts are used to read
runtime config values and when we want to add / update we are calling the
remote service.

Reason for this solution was that runtime config pages are really slow due
to the service calls we are doing and also because these calls can fail it
was a point of failure. So because of these mounts we are retrieving values
without remote calls.

But because of these mounts there could be an impact on other operations
such as Load tenant registry, Load tenant, get artifacts, etc.

So we thought about removing them and come up with an UX solution. We will
get values from remote calls. But we won't retrieve them in every page
load. There will be a button saying something like load values from remote
server and we will do the service call only if that button is clicked. We
will save the names of these runtime configs in runtime database and we
will list down the names in the UI from the runtime database.
And with the new Stratos / Private PaaS upgrade we will be moving towards
the Metadata service, where other PaaS also have similar service. So after
that we won’t be using these registries any way. So we are going to go
ahead with the above solution to achieve better user experience, stability
and performance.

Thanks & Regards
Danushka Fernando
Senior Software Engineer