Hi Amalka

>> We can just add a field for description in the UI and save it on the
>> AF_RESOURCE database right?

Yup. This is what meant by option #4.

>> Why don't we save the authentication type in the AF_RESOURCE table itself?
>> either we save it separate table or AF_RESOURCE table itself we have to do
>> the data migration. and saving in AF_RESOURCE table gives more consistency.
>> isn't it?

-1. If we add a new column name authentication type for the AF_RESOURCES table,
which is not common to all types of resources and we are keeping a column just
sake for the apis that hacky for me. And further if our solution is #4 then we
don’t have to do this. Because we can show authentication type by retrieving
from the backend.

Hope the situation is more clear to you.

Thanks & Regards
Danushka Fernando
Senior Software Engineer
WSO2 inc. http://wso2.com/