On Mon, Feb 1, 2016 at 2:35 PM, Srinath Perera <srin...@wso2.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 1, 2016 at 2:21 PM, Anjana Fernando <anj...@wso2.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> The initial use case I had with Log Analyzer was, as a general log
>> analysis tool, where users can just point to a log location, can be
>> WSO2/non-WSO2 logs, and run queries against it / create dashboards. The
>> concern I've with integrating log analyzer also with our new analytics
>> distributions is, whether we will have some considering overlapping
>> functionality between the two. The DAS4X analytics effort is to basically
>> create mostly the static dashboards that would be there (maybe with
>> alerts), which can be successfully done by internally publishing all the
>> events required for those. But then, if we also say, you can/should use log
>> analyzer (which is a different UI/experience altogether) to create
>> dashboards/queries, that we missed from the earlier effort, that does not
>> sound right.
>>

> Anjana, point is dynamic/ad-hoc query use cases. E.g.
> 1) You see a new error, and want to check has it happend before.
> 2) You see two error happening together. You need to know it has happend
> together before.

True. the use cases are there. I was just thinking, if it will fit the flow
with the other analytics operations we do. Anyways, on second thought, even
if it's totally separate also, having searchable (analyzable) logs readily
available, after we install the full analytics solution for a product,
would be useful.

Cheers,
Anjana.